Woodfibre LNG Limited is committed to responsible stewardship of the environment, and the project is being designed, and will be constructed and operated to reflect these values.
In addition to meeting or exceeding regulatory requirements, we will demonstrate our commitment to environmental responsibility through efforts such as:
- Remediating the Woodfibre site to the industrial standards of today
- Supporting ongoing cleanup efforts in the Howe Sound area
- Optimizing the existing infrastructure on the site to minimize environmental impacts
- Responsibly managing private forest lands not required for the project
- Being good stewards of the forest, fisheries, wildlife and water resources on the site